Saturday, October 20, 2012

Just a Post ♥

Hello everyone! I hope your days are going well. Today is less of a directed post and more of a post to let out my nerves. Today, I am going to one of my best friend, Syd's, birthday party. She turned eighteen a couple days ago, which is really exciting. I've never been to one of her birthday parties, however, so I felt I must go to this one.

There's a catch, however. She lives nearly twenty miles away. My parents are usually open to driving me places that are a bit far away, however, twenty miles and a forty five minute drive seem a bit much. But, after much bartering, they've finally yes yes to driving me! I was so excited. But then I realized another catch.

I don't know anyone who will be going to the party. This usually isn't that big of a deal for me, because there's always at least one or two people I know. This kind of stresses me out. I don't know why. I've just become increasingly shy around strangers as of late. Want to know my solution?

I am going to wear lolita to the party. So many times I hear lolitas feeling uncomfortable wearing lolita out or like they are worried of what people will do/think. I've found that through my years of dressing and following lolita fashion, it has almost become a part of who I am. When I dress lolita, I don't feel so small or useless. I feel like a queen, like a princess. When I wear lolita, it takes my anxiety away.

I think this is the main reason why I dress in this fashion. Lolita separates me from the terrified, shy, anxiety-filled girl that I usually am when I'm in casual wear. I can walk around like I'm living in my own magical world and it's delightful. I hope someday, all lolitas can feel this way, especially the exceedingly shy ones.

Well, that is the end of this silly little post. Thank you all for reading and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Expect pictures of my outfit either later today or tomorrow!
Yours Truly, Jamie♥

No comments:

Post a Comment